3.8.4 release betatests

seems like there have been issues with the nvidia drivers recently, I have changed all the packages for that, a new ISO is on the way so that everybody will use the new ones

note: maybe "apug" will break your actual drivers, or maybe not (not tested), in any case reinstalling with 3.8.5 will fix all (available in a few hours)

you mean you didn't had internet during the installation process but you had before to start the installer? :thinking: :confusing:

1 Like

Hi!

As writed a bit upper, it seems that wifi is ok, but not displayed in Conky under live mode...

Ih!

1 Like

Not exactly...

It is true that the wifi was not connected when I was doing the installation... but I just realized that I didn’t set it up when I started with the Live DVD.

Normally, I use a wired internet connection for installations. But I recently installed the Mac at the opposite corner in my room and have to use a longer extension wire to use the wired internet because I normally use wifi to access internet.

So I forgot that detail... and forgot to connect to the internet from wifi for the installation :frowning:

1 Like

Get to a broken page when following the Elive 3.8.4 beta released link....
I was kind of interested in seeing how much of my small issues have been addressed....
All I really need is the download link I guess

check your inbox

2 posts were split to a new topic: Grub boot error "mdadm: no arrays found in config file or automatically"

@Hammer459 I found a bug in the server & downloads and it has been fixed, I think that has affected many people in the past but for sure it will not happen again, check if this has been your issue and if the downloads works for you now :slight_smile:

reiserfs crash ? I have been recently playing with a disk with reiserfs and my computer (updated kernels) hang entirely blocked (not even magic kernel syskeys working). I wonder if has been caused by the buggy state of reiserfs that was in recent kernels

Anyone with reiserfs (3) installs has seen a system crash too? im wondering about disabling it again from the kernel... no way to give an unstable option to the users if is the cause

@yoda @triantares @stoppy98

I used ext4 as suggested

I use ext4 on my production machine
JF
only installer Reiser in a VM of Elive in case I need to check something without doing it on my Production machine.
P.S. I think I put the last Reiser3 you made available on one of my laptop... Will get back to you...

I was planning to bring that Latop on a trip in April and need a reliable laptop... NOt sure I will leave it in Reiser, reading you LOL
JF

@Thanatermesis
Yes I have one laptop using Reiser.... Just confirmed ( used one of the last installer your recently made available) to install it

1 Like

Got a link from Yoda that works so I just downloaded and will experiment a bit over the next few days

3 Likes