E16 will need a dock bar?

BTW with the provided dock, we can have back to our lovely well intuitive designed menus of elive that we had in 3.0 and where not available for e16 (requires apug) :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

:furrydance: :boogie: :boogie::cheerleader::boogie: :boogie::furrydance:

I know, sometimes I used to work different from the 'mainstream'. Yes, we are connected and often there is one system with one Router.
In some cases we've got a WLAN and a Guest-WLAN, and maybe we've want to switch.

Yesterday I was at a a friend of mine, and she has WLAN issues. I just dropped in to give something back, so I have no Laptop not even my mobile ... So I've tried to track down the issue with two Android Tabs, a stationary Win10 PC and an iPad. I failed.
Why? Because I cant say 'connect here and stay there until the connection is lost. The 'automagic' of every Device is switching around without any hint of how and why. Something like:

• 'Let's test this one ..'
  • '.. no, now this one'
  • 'oh, no internet. but I stay, maybe it will come back'
  • 'ah, the user say use this, but my hidden 'preferred network table' says the other is better'.
  • 'Last time I haven't internet on this AP, so I won't try it, the printer-AdHoc-network is even stronger'
  • '5 GHz is good. Even if 2,4 GHz provides double speed in this case'
  • 'I don't know how an signal echo works. So the user shouldn't know it, too.'

It is a huge 'pain-in-the-a...pple'. But also Android behave with some magic, without letting the user know or configure/overwrite.

Recap: I think the used resources (RAM/CPU/Display space/...) is worth the information and control.
Especial for the 'network'. The user don't need to know all 20 temp-sensors, the frequency of all 4 cores plus HT or the rpm of the CD/Hard Drive.

1 Like

LOL - I know what you mean = :face_vomiting:

network configurator included in the updates, under Settings menu (not launched by default but easily reachable if wanted), the gadget will stay until your desktop logout

1 Like