Eltrans: How to improve the English sentences in Elive (proofreading)

@TheTechRobo done, they shows up as it now :slight_smile:

In any case i think those messages should be already quite good! tell me when you finish in order to run the next step on it

update: there was an issue in the autodetection of new translations that updated the packages, the issue is now fixed:

I: Translations: English has been updated on 'liveboot' (deliver)
I: Percent proofreaded in 'liveboot' is 38%

@TheTechRobo maybe you noticed that your changes didn't went to upstream automatically :slight_smile:

I haven't done anything yet. probably will now.

@TheTechRobo ok thanks :slight_smile: im waiting for eltrans confirmation (but most of it should be valid I think :thinking: ) in order to apply its second step, we started today with another important one too! :slight_smile:

Thanks @TheTechRobo, I seen you made some changes, I'm betatesting some tools to see if they are doing a correct work so you are going to see a few "testing" messages/translations, just ignore them

I have see that you did a few changes in the other translations too, I will need to know which ones are 100% english ready, in order to proceed with a "full review" in another language (to check the quality of the automated translations), so... actually only "eltrans" is 100% ready? or you can confirm other elements to be too?

I'd like to help here, but I have really no free time at the moment (new job, again).

But since I am reading here, I asked myself, if the proofread english and the translation are such hard linked.
The englisch version is the base. Sure, but even if it is not in 'simple language', at least WE should be able to understand it and translate the content good readable in our motherlanguage.

In my experience (check an italian CRM/ERP from google translation it-en-de, in 9 month), sometimes it is more helpfull to check/understand where the message appeares, than read the base or original version.

What I want to say: Do we need of the 100% profread en, to start a full review in other languages? Just an idea to make the process more effective.

Just Eltrans so far. I'm doing it bit-by-bit.

That would actually be a good idea. @thanatermesis @triantares @Rebel450 thoughts?

I don't get what is the whole discussion about,
to be honest.
:see_no_evil:

yeah the english is the base, is the most important one (also, 95% of the total of all other languages are auto-translation based, which, if they are correctly writed in english, they translate quite / very well to the other languages). The english ones needs to be correct but also clear, shortest as possible but including the needed info, etc...

yes exactly :slight_smile: its better this way because of many reasons, and let's don't waste time also in other languages until the english ones are all done

1 Like