Eltrans: How to improve the English sentences in Elive (proofreading)

In regular expressions , the asterisk is a metacharacter for zero or more instances of the preceding character. Without regular expressions , the asterisk is a wildcard, for zero or more instances of any character.

In other words, is a way to reference "everybody" :slight_smile:
yeah maybe its not so clear, but i don't know a better way to say that than with regex :thinking:, saying "you all" sounds a bit strange lol

1 Like

What about "all of you"?

But we'd better stop being :offtopic:

Using the term "one" would be the way to go there, in the sense of referring to a general individual .... I like regex extensions but they're not handy when reading out loud. :madness:

1 Like

@triantares time for the cleanup crew? :madness:

And now that eltrans' been working again ive been translating away!

CHANGESET_VIEW privileges are required to perform this operation. You don't have the required permissions.

And im logged in as TheTechRobo... :baffled:

Like (i think it was @rbrick49???) said, it -can- be a good strategy, but it limits translators to multilinguals...

thanks for reporting the issue, FIXED, seems like it was the only permission lacking for the authenticated users :slight_smile:

@Catherine_alvarez is helping now with the Spanish translations :applause:

@TheTechRobo I'm reviewing the behaviour of eltrans in english, can you open eltrans and list here (in the forum, to have it stated) the translations you already improved in english?

...and how would I figure that out?

from memory :slight_smile: or maybe from Timeline โ€“ Elive Development since we have registered all the commits here

I say that because from the application may show confusing (like they needs a review again)

Its fine, I duplicate c heck everything a billion times anyway. :madness:

yeah but I needed a list to know which ones you improved, to know how is eltrans acting

it was all of the ones that were available ? (all of them was completed?)

I don't know. I have done at least a bit of: elive-tools, usb-bootable-elive, elive-daemons, smb-browser, extra-features, 3g-dialer, thunar-audio-converter, warning-messages, elive-news, hebernate, samba_admin, elive-upgrader, eliveremote, and emodule-internet since I started eltrans according to the timeline..

1 Like

Ok @TheTechRobo , don't worry, in any case we will re-review all of them :slight_smile: which is a good thing

Just for note the actual status:

From what I see, the 3 last ones requires my verifications, the ones that says "completed" seems like you verified them entirely, and the other ones are in progress

@TheTechRobo do not edit on eltrans these days, in order to avoid conflicts so we are going to work strong on them , i will keep you updated about which ones you can improve the english after the verifications will be made :slight_smile:

Just to update the behaviour of the English translations (proofread / improvement), looking at the previous screenshot, it basically means:

• Verifications: it means that the messages requires to be validated / confirmed, before to be accepted to be proofreaded (so is not a proofreading step)
  • Proofreaded: it means that the sentence was (or can be) improved in its english
  • Completed: both validations and proofreadings steps finished

How much understandable is the new wordings? intuitive enough?

Is important to distinguis the meaning between "proofread" and "verified", they are two different steps, a suggestion for a better wording? (like "validated" may sound better? :thinking: )

What about "established"? Since they're not "complete"' after you finish with them, their meaning is just established.

PING @triantares @rebel450 @lupuse

Note: I meant a better wording for the word Verifications (like "validated"), not the other ones, the other ones I think they are clear

I think " approved" should suffice.

i.e the language and spelling gets checked or verified after which the owner or an established peer can approve the text for publication.

thanks, approved better fits its meaning :slight_smile: I will change them in a few (passing auto-translations now, it will be soon ready for proofreading, i will keep the thread updated)

Eltrans is ready to be proofread :slight_smile:

Important: because I completed all the validations, the item (eltrans) shows in eltrans as "Completed 100%" which is wrong (it should be "Validated 100%, Proofread 0%"), do you think I should switch it to the second mode in order to be more friendly the interface @TheTechRobo ? :thinking:

I think you should switch it to validated 100% proofread 0%