Enlightenment flavors in the new alpha versions

E16 is working out of the box and is based in a very old version of Enlightenment, I don't have now the time to customize an E22 for my machines now while I'm more than happy using E16 :slight_smile: , after a few minor things fixed by the actual dev (Kim Woelders) it is simply rock solid (zero complains, zero crashes, zero problems), maybe is not for everyone! you can found funny some retro gadgets (epplets) included or strange the audio theme (can be disabled), but its themes and functionality has a lot of personality (try to enable the ripples effect too lol)

E22 can be perfectly used, but has zero customization by Elive at the moment, but specially it lacks the custom Elive hotkeys, i simply cannot live without them :slight_smile: (but has the default ones provided by enlightenment, on which a good 70% are the same), in short you can spend time customizing it yourself to simply use it as your default desktop too :slight_smile:

Impatient to hear other's experiences heh

Note: I may need to re-phrase some things or messages about E16, because it still in active independent development, so the word "old" is not exactly correct (by old i meant that is based on an old concept / version of Enlightenment), the only "old" thing that it has is because Enlightenment rewrote entirely everything on the new versions, so E16 is more like an independent desktop, which actually also supports composite and pulseaudio :thinking:

1 Like