To create a gadget in your E16 is really simple, so the desktop has unique features allowing you to set up an application to behave in particular ways
For example let's say you want to have the Nasdaq stock as a gadget in your desktop, you can use a web browser link for that, like using this example:
~ ❯❯❯ web-launcher chromium --incognito --delay=20 --app="https://s.tradingview.com/widgetembed/?frameElementId=tradingview_04652&symbol=OANDA%3ANAS100USD&interval=1&hidesidetoolbar=0&saveimage=0&toolbarbg=f1f3f6&studies=%5B%5D&hideideas=1&theme=White&style=1&timezone=Etc%2FUTC&studies_overrides=%7B%7D&overrides=%7B%7D&enabled_features=%5B%5D&disabled_features=%5B%5D&locale=en&utm_source=www.livecharts.co.uk&utm_medium=widget&utm_campaign=chart&utm_term=OANDA%3ANAS100USD"
note: even if used as an example, we don't recommend using web browsers for anything, since are a bloated hell of wasted resources
Which will look like:
- press Ctrl + S (or select the sticky option), this will keep the window among all your desktops
- press "Ctrl + Alt" + "Right click" on the window, set the stacking to Below, this will keep your window below the other ones
- if you have composite enabled, select the Opacity value to 60%, this will make the gadget look nicer with a transparency
- more options: border style: borderless (make sure you know the hotkeys to manage your windows, you have the hotkeys pdf in your docker bar), better the window without borders
- miscellaneous: toggle skip window lists, this will ignore the window in your "Alt + TAB" switchings
Now try to use your desktop as normal and you will see it act like a desktop gadget, similar to conky, and even better, you can interact with it, the graph used for the demo is fully functional with your mouse
If you want to keep your gadget in all your desktop sessions, select the "Remember" options, so that it will remember the position, size, sticky... everything. And finally, edit your autostart applications list and add the command to it:
BTC with a Dark theme:
web-launcher chromium --incognito --delay=20 --app="https://s.tradingview.com/widgetembed/?frameElementId=tradingview_04652&symbol=BITSTAMP%3ABTCUSD&interval=1&theme=Dark"