We have all been there. We want to launch Discord, or we want to start the web browser, or something similar, on startup. I will show you how to do this on E2*. It's much easier than you'd think.
- Go to your menu, and navigate to Settings>All>Apps>Startup Applications. you should now see a screen like this:
- Open the tab Applications. Find the program you want to start, and run it (by using the menus) to make sure it uses the specific flags that you need.
- if you could not find the application OR you want to start it with special flags, keep reading. otherwise, skip to step 5.
- Navigate to Main Menu>Settings>All>Apps>Personal Application Launchers. Click Add and enter all the details of the application -- here is my screen.
- Go back to the Startup Applications page if you aren't there already. Choose the Applications tab, and find the desktop entry you just created, for example:
Click it and press Add. The light associated with that program will turn blue.
- Choose the Order tab. Click the application you want to change the order of (the higher it is the sooner it launches). In my case, I want Elive to start updating, then it to play its startup sound, then to launch Discord, like so:
feel free to update this howto with better instructions, clarity, etc