Persistence do not save some configuration

Hi,
Thanks,
I test and do not allow.

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks, I explain what I do.
I am speaking with:
USB with Elive 3.0.5 and Persitence runs twice.
Laptoop is a Benq Joybook S43 with 10 years old.
I take mobile and do videos to show>

First: With Live and Install

No Black Screen + ECORE Yes
When I accept ECORE then run ELIVE without problem

Second: With Persistence (3th run)

ECORE No + Black Screen YES ..... I do as "triantares" suggest,,,,, When Black Screen (up left there is like a prompt) I type "Crtl, Alt and F1" and Continue!!! and Elive runs..... (You can see I do some screen changes before, and it save changes!)

Third. Free drivers

No Black screen No ECORE

Any idea?

1 Like

Interesting ! The cause of the black screen seems like not related to the Ecore thing but just because you had a dialog waiting on that terminal (all of them should have been fixed), which is the same issue that we had before in 3.0.4, in other words, the graphical system doesn't becomes black, it is simply not started -yet- on that moment :slight_smile:

Now, looking at the code, I understand what is happening and the relation with this annoying splash which breaks everything lol, but before I build another updated version, let's see if this fixes the problem:

• boot from persistence and reach a terminal that you can use
    • if you are not able to reach a terminal, you can press TAB before to boot from persistence to add the boot parameter "nox11autologin"
  • run "apug" to upgrade your persistence system
  • reboot, and boot again in persistence mode

You should now having the "ati / fglrx drivers" dialog appearing correctly instead of the black screen, and it should continue correctly running your graphical system

Persistence should work too saving your desktop configurations

Hi, Great!!

I do:

Press enter and begins booting.
While a time stops in a screen like "terminal"... I type again "nox11autologin", nothing.... and type "startx".......Continue working and stops again.....I retype "starx" and continue....... and Opens Elive...:flushed: Working!!

And reboot without problem, Works!! :excited:
I do changes in Elive in Screens, loading new programs, etc...
Reboot, and boot again in persistence mode, Works.... Boot without problem (no Black screen)and persistence works.:applause:
Good work.

Very good! I'm going to build then a new update 3.0.6 with these fixes and other minor updates :slight_smile:

Question: does it asks you about FGLRX / ATI installation of drivers in every persistence boot ? (dialogs questions)

I test it...wait

Hi,
I boot in Persistent mode
Go directly to ask for ATI drivers, once accept, goes directly to Elive runs,
This is the same laptop I used always and do not ask for languaje and keyboard as expected.
One little question:
How can I know the Elive version I am using?(303,304,305......) maybe with terminal?

Perfect :slight_smile:

That's becuase you are in persistence and your desktop is saved, so no need to reconfigure it, you can try to boot persistence in a different machine and it will ask for languages and desktop configuration, and then you will have both desktops saved in persistence, so when you use one or other computer it will use one or other desktop profile, every desktop is saved in a different hardware profile. Note: you can force a restart of your desktop configurations too from the menus if you want to reconfigure them again

This command contains multiple information including the version :slight_smile:

cat /etc/elive-version

Hi,
Thanks, works fine.
I am open to test new update :+1:

1 Like

Hi,
I download 3.0.6 and this is my experience:
*Live and Install

• Boots rigth
  • No Black screen
  • ATI ask
  • ECORE (yes) confirm
  • ELIVE runs!!
    *Persistence
    1st Boot/Run:
  • No black screen
  • ATI ask
  • Detect idiom/kbrd
  • ECORE (YES) confirm (see 3th boot)
  • I create Persistence encrypted
  • Close ELIVE
    2nd Boot/Run:
  • No black screen
  • ATI ask
  • Detect idiom/kbrd
  • ECORE (YES) confirm (see 3th boot)
  • I do changes in screen to confirm persistence in 3th Boot
  • Close ELIVE
    3th Boot/Run:
  • No Black screen
  • No languaje and keyboard ask (It is the same laptop) GOOD!
  • NO ECORE
  • Changes in screen STORED!!

It seems ALL IS OK!!! :boogie:
Good work!! :applause:

2 Likes

Good job @Thanatermesis !
Yoda
:omgomgomg::love::madness::coding::excited:

1 Like