What a nice pictures collection LMAO

We're lucky there was not 100 steps...

Tks !!

Yoda

ya mhmmhm ...
was easier than 25k words....
:slight_smile:

1 Like

I expect thats what it is, but I had to try.
Whats the point of a laptop without Elive on it? :sniff:

1 Like

don't use E17 desktop, use e16 or e22

Ok, i know that these widgets are not very intuitive but read the description in CAPS in the first image :wink: , you are not selecting that one, you are selecting the one that says: ( * )

I see, you an "optimus" nvidia machine (double graphic cards, one intel + one nvidia), I never tried to make it running before :thinking: , there's support for that on linux but i have not tested it yet (+supported out of the box for elive)

I will also test again nvidia in my machine to see if correctly works here (no optimus mode)

Just tested the Brother dcp1510 over USB. Works fine when plugging in and prints like a charm. :applause:
The scanner is not recognized though. That required installing brscan4 and brscanskey deb packages ....which went without a hitch using " dpkg -i"
I got them off the brother site a while back. If you want them I can put them up for you. Together rhey're not even 1 mb. I used version resp. 0.4.3-0 and 0.2.4-1

1 Like

I improved a bit the ram usage for the next build, but you should have more than enough with 1gb (my virtual machine is already set to only 1gb), so you should have another problem :thinking:
, try to run "sudo htop" to see if there's a process stuck / consuming, and how much ram is using

so bad! try removing the brscan packages (apr --purge) and with the scanner connected, try to reboot your machine and wait 5 minutes on desktop :thinking:

I had "tail -f /var/log syslog" running. You can see udev doing the printer but not the scanner.

I waited a while, tried "simplescan" --nothing found!, installed "xsane" same result. Rebooted with printer connected, still no go.
Then installed both debs and scanner is recognized. The pic showing syslog and the scanner recognition is too unsharp to be helpfull, sorry. Still haven't mastered the screenshoot epplet (it's just too small) and don' t have prntscrn key, so taking pics with my phone.

elive-screenshot -r

then Ctrl + V here :slight_smile:

Have you disabled the "elive-health" startup application on your desktop ? :thinking: , if not, wait 2-5 minutes on desktop as said (and scanner packages removed --purge)

I was on e22.
Btw:
It is tricky to connect to a hidden wifi, btw.
But I think that people who creates hidden wifi will find the way here too.

Will start another try with ext4 right now.
Dont switch station - stay tuned...

1 Like

good, this was a needed test, somebody reported that autoparted + ext4 not worked :thinking:

ya, it was me....... :nod::eyepopping::wow:

1 Like

@triantares as said, better to reinstall 3.7.1, but just to comment: your "sudo" configuration files MUST have a special permission or they will not work, "sudo chmod 0440" them before to reload the daemon / systemd / reboot (reading some configurators of the installer while fixing other things :wink: )

Didn't disable elive-health but wairted nearly 10 minutes. As you can see on the screenshots the printer is fine but no scanner.

The purge (I sometimes get the impression you don't believe me :happy:)
:
Elive_Screenshot_2019-05-20_19%3A53%3A29__658x394
The first shot, connectingthe printer:

6|610x456](upload://biD8ZyeeIdABk1mJHNG

about 10 min later (I kept tail -f running):

Then let SimpleScan look for a scanner (I scanned a page manually to make sure the printer didn't sleep):

Elive_Screenshot_2019-05-20_20%3A03%3A20__610x456

Will try in a moment in "LiveMode" and see if that works.

Yes.
Just tried it again -
( see messsage, dunno if important in this case):

this time without Nvidia and no graphic effects active -
First I deleted all from the harddisk with gparted and put gpt with ext4 on to it.
Installation started
Installer update successful
option with
Automatic / ext4 / no encryption chosen
:
build-in HD activity light became active for 20 sec – stopped
:
Dialogwindow appears:
„Information“
„an anomyn report was created, bla – blaaaaaaaaaaaaa see image for details

Result:
Failed

Suggestions ?

not needed in live

Yes I believe you :slight_smile: but steps must be clearly said to not avoid them :slight_smile:

BTW I remove packages with apt instead of dpkg:

apr --purge packagename

Ok let's try this, with brscan package removed, and scanner connected, run this and wait the command finishes:

export EL_DEBUG=3
elive-health

not important, and also I removed these useless messages for the next build

@Rebel450 you said that you are running E22 but i dont think so, the window with "white borders" is E17

I think that the "dialog" interface is confusing when needed to select something for the users :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Let me check that... found:

E: [ eliveinstaller > /usr/share/eliveinstaller/installer_functions.sh +8128 do_automated_partitioning > partition_format] dev '/dev/sda3' is not a block device

is not a block device? really? :thinking:

@Rebel450 what is your actually (created by the installer) disk structure? sda3 shows in gparted as a partition ?

Installed it with dpkg so purged it with dpkg .:innocent:

With the printer connected I suspect.

scanner (i assume is a combo with printer)
the command just finishes without happening anything ?
show me the result of lsusb

GENIUS! :happy:

Resulting:
Elive_Screenshot_2019-05-20_20%3A39%3A39__610x456

So I'll just leave at that.
What did I just do?

1 Like