3.7.0 betatesting experiences

Mmmh, not yet, it doesn't looks like to work by default

Added a tool in new versions that autodetects these broadcom scanners and install the correct package, everything automated for the user :slight_smile:

But: it doens't worked for you at the first time :thinking:, what it should do is:

• if you boot the computer with the scanner connected, around 2 minutes after you have logged to the desktop, it should show this message asking you for install the scanner packages (if they were not installed yet)

And this didn't worked for you :thinking: why? mmh.. maybe the elive-health startup script is not added by default in your desktop environment, but it should if you are using e16 :thinking:

btw me working on a new structured sudo configurator for the new build

I never changed the settings. They're stll at 0440:

I even tried adding sudo there:

BTW: ready to install on my Helix2. I created some space next to Elive3.0.4 which is ext4.
If needed I can try an ext4 install on the free space there.

If succesful I'll try the scanner again and uncheck "elive-health" before.

ok, let's forget sudo for now, im working on it now and doing all the needed tests for the new configurations structure :slight_smile:

better wait 3.7.1? :slight_smile: (with all the fixes and also reiser4 experimental support)

let's see what @Rebel450 results show about his ext4 issue

so this means that gParted failed, look:

(how is possible...)

Nothing lost in not waiting and on top let's see if I can second @Rebel450 's report.
Next week I'll be hiking. :hooray:

hum, you selected ext4 and btrfs was formatted? this sounds like wrong...

I will need to do a test here to reproduce the issue (with the same structure that was wanted to use for your profile: so with /home etc)

ok will erase again with gnome disks

no, wait, its reporting something wrong, it was unable to format because it says that it is not a partition, first show me the result of this:

file -s /dev/sda3
file /dev/sda3
ls -la /dev/sda3

too late
sry

erase again with gnome disks = done

Ok, let's try a different thing to see if GPT is the issue:

create the partition table using MBR instead of GPT
then proceed the installation with the same options

seriously ....... ok .....

TIP:

To run an application to appear by default in english even if your system is not, you should change the LC_ALL variable to C, like:

export LC_ALL=C
sudo gnome-disks

or:

LC_ALL=C sudo gnome-disks

1 Like

@Rebel450 it is strange but your system stills reporting that sda3 is not a block device

I can access remotely to your machine to check why this happens, for that, run:

api eliveremote
eliveremote

follow the steps, I will be connected when its ready :slight_smile:

crashed again.

wait I check out how the disk looks like now
you will not believe it -
again Btrfs on sda3.
(no, did not reboot after formating)

ok
(no, did not reboot after formating)

follow the steps, I will be connected when its ready

= ready

yep, im in :slight_smile: , you can see "what im doing" if you selected that option

1 Like

you can see "what im doing" if you selected that option = yes,

but see nothing at alll, btw