3.7.2 betatesting experiences

I said it can (should) boot :slight_smile: but we need to install again in a different way for that

mmh, did you deleted the windows ? :thinking: i dont see it in your gparted screenshot

ACTUALLY, since you have an EFI for both disks, and Elive is installed in its own (so the EFI of the second disk is not touched), you should be able to boot your Manjaro if you select to boot your computer from the other disk

for me it's enough not to use it ...
Unless it's a MultiScreen problem...

In fact:

E16 is configured to automatically move the mouse to the focused windows, and this is a GOOD thing,

But it is more annoying than useful? I found it useful, but sometimes feels strange...

What's your opinion?

• Don't move the mouse
  • Move the mouse to the focused window (more handy)

0 voters

BTW @yoda before to vote, check first if your actual mouse problem is not because of cairo-dock (as answered in the other thread)

@triantares @yoda @Rebel450 @Terry_Rosinski @Franc

1 Like

Yep you solved my problem

LOL ------------ 50/50 and now ? LOL

we should in fact start disabling it ourselves to compare the experience :slight_smile:
doing that now...

focus settings

mmh, in fact i remember now more than 10y+ ago i used a different better setting :thinking:

@Thanatermesis
I am ok for manjaro
If in select the disk at boot time I can boot with it

Not a big thing that I can’t from Elive grub menu

There is now reason now for me to often go in another distro but I know I can if needed

1 Like

LOL I am briging back FOCUS on new window or something like that LOL

I can't ALT + ESC anymore easily with that disable...

Example : ALT + ESC I am use to type one or 2 letter of the app I want to open not it type in the Window I was in (FORUMS LOL)

for being honest: it is more annoying than useful
at least for me pesonally - am not used to it, I find it irritating...

Coming back to the topic
3.7.2 betatesting experiences (which should be called 3.7.2 alphatesting issues ah! experiences)

So, all in all the 3.7.2_alpha gives a good impression, so far.
Some minor things needs a fix, like disabled apps were installed though,
Enlightenment FM can not start,
the installer does still need some improvements in partitioning -
but the first milestone is already in sight.
We will have soon a real 64bit Elive - with e16.

This will create curiousty in the scene - all can't wait for e17 / e22 then ...

Congratulations and a big Thank You to all Elive People for your inspiration,
efforts, donations and lifetime shared - or for just for being a part of Elive!
Ah, I forgot @Thanatermesis, but this is not so important, or am I wrong ?

2 Likes

I strongly suggest you to create an entirely new e16 conf, with the just improvements I included, (you'll like that :slight_smile: ), first:

apug

then close all the applications, and go to the Settings menu -> restart desktop configurations

i didn't understood that

it requires e22

which ones? i still waiting for details on the installer, my tests are ok here :slight_smile: just doing more tests now and improving a few final things

This is curious... i feel my desktop laggy when i perform strong IO (HD) operations, never saw my desktop somewhat "blocked a bit" when doing this before... could be because im on btrfs? hum...

Could it be
that you don't have Swap?

Well, UEFI will refuse to boot USB so there's not much choice there.
Methinks it should scan for a BIOS partition and offer the option to either use the existing (dangerous) one or to add a new one (advised).
On opting for new, restart the partitioner automatically so the user can chose where and how.

Hello!

Laggy sometimes too, when clicking too fast on the eeepc 1001xp, at least with E22 (not tested yet with E16/E17)... Takes time to display the right window or menu (but ok with the bar menu)...

Salutations!

Hi!

I suppose it's for the M6700/nvidia? It's a long list: witch part do you need on it?

Edit: I copy-paste the result on text software to read it & there's nothing about nvidia!!?

Well
for the yesterdays experience with CairoDock...
yes it is great -
but
I ask myself - are we still on the Elive path,
or are we heading into cloning somewhat between OS X and .. Gnome DE ?
Look:

sit down, make your mind and
say some ...

@Thanatermesis
My last install of last night with the last last update of 6g went well but I can't figure out why the pager doesn't want to show up on the desktop. Even if it's enable.

Did you change something that could cause this ?

BTW for Dropbox and Reiser 4, I plugged a USB Disk I had and will use it for Dropbox for now ( ext4)

@Thanatermesis
Is it possible my Desktop uses 1 GB less of RAM using reiser4 ??

It always used around 6.5 GB or RAM when all my usual apps are opened and now it's 1 GB less...