3.7.3 betatesting experiences

but thats because E22 is not customized, you should assign the key yourself or enable the mixer emodule - suggestion, do all your tests in e16 :slight_smile:

:thinking: maybe these alpha versions should -just- have e16? @yoda @triantares @Rebel450 @stoppy98 @Franc...

do you have a swap partition enabled? try:

sudo swapoff -a

and try again to see if doesn't lags anymore

Even if e22 is the next logical step, I think I would not make it available to people so they don't judge Elive by it's E22 implementation.

Poll on that ? remove e17 and e22 ?

yeah that's my point

and same for e17, is beautiful but too buggy

but also remember that the alpha builds will not be "so publicly" available, this will get rid of those lazy guys sit in house making videos on youtube to complain on linux distros :speak_no_evil:

and so maybe, it is just -useless- to include them by default :thinking:

by other side, the good points about including the other options are:

E22

• good: some people wants to "try it"
  • good: for tests
  • good: for compare (performance & speed, features, etc)
  • good: for custom it yourself if you want to use it yourself (somebody recently published screenshots of a custom e22 which looked pretty nice)

E17

• good to "see" that elive looks beautiful (icons, theme, menus, integrations...)

but of course these "good points" has bad points (consequences) too

@Thanatermesis
I am trying to download 3.73 and is stalled to almost nothing. My internet itself is very fast!

Any reason on your end for this?

No issues on my side started 1 hour ago and only downloaded 80MB not good!

it's only doing 37kbs...thats like telephone line speed LOL.
I tried another web browser and it is the same speed 34KBS...at this rate it will take 1.5 days or longer

I have cable:

DOWNLOAD

32.5 Mbps

UPLOAD 5.3

So my resources are good. Southing is wrong with your download bandwidth

seriously? thats crazy!

not my end, it is on the "dreamhost" hosting (which is not very good), but should be fast for you... lol

Presently downloading it and it will take 6 minutes approx

should be the @Terry_Rosinski 's end , but probably because of a wrong network management on his ISP (all the connections between him and the server)

LOL your " Other Side" points are good to
So the message should me very very clear and short so they read it ?
E22, this will the next version of E.. that will use, this version has been made available but is not integrated bla bla bla has som e bug etc so some CLear message this is where we're doing, that is has bug and it's not tunes, integrated etc... ???

downloaded it in approx 6 minutes.

I already put messages with the needed info :woman_shrugging:

Shorter can improve the possibilities to read but they will still be very low lol

1 Like

What about:

E16 <---------- FUCKING SELECT THIS ONE ! NO OTHER!
E17 - bla bla bo bo good bad stuff
E22 - not customized bla bla

really 6min for 3.3GB of data!

You must be paying for some ultra high fiber lines...thats amazing! I envy you!

1 Like

Mine now says 3 hours

Perfect , I like this :laugh:

Something is wrong with your ISP

I have about the same speed as you

Cable too for me, here in Canada with ACN a reseller

:poop:

1 Like

So that slow HP DV9000 (1 GB RAM) with 3.7.3...no success yet.
Swap file activates...good, legacy mode only, said no to reboot message (about kernel not having been updated), install progresses with more and more hardrive thrashing - any way to tweak the swapiness? RAM usage gradually drops and swap file activity keeps increasing...gave up after 80 mins - stuck on "Processing triggers for fontconfig..."