E16 light theme

No, that's the dark default one. You need to enable the elive-light-panel theme if it shows up in your theme choicrs.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cool ! Tks for your " patience "

Yes, and now you too....

Finally I only need to give theme permissions for my current user and it works!

2 Likes

Actually I've been thinking we might just shake stuff up a bit.
Instead of having a light Cairo menu with a Light theme menu on one side and a Dark Cairo menu with a dark theme menu on the other we mix them.

So think Dark cairo with Light theme and Light cairo with Dark theme. :surprise:

That way your little grey cells will have less trouble differentiating which is which.
Like racking your memory where that handy little application (gnome-system-monitor anyone?) was that you used to do a certain job ....... and by colour association you'll know in which of the two you need to look. :w00t:

Let's try (you LOL) ? and show us a picture ?

= Uaaah.....
Bring me my sunglasses then, please ...

1 Like

We should also not forget to ask @Thanatermesis
what about multilanguage support finally

This will not be interesting to @Hammer459, only...

Have you tried that ..... taking a screenshot of an opened menu? :ohmygod:
I can only do that in combo with "vokoscreen".

Anyway .... It looks messy, so never mind.

But please DO run the "light" themed stuff for a few days and see if you can find bugs or simply stuff you think should be better or different.

1 Like

This one is mainly for any-one with "perl" capabilities and @Thanatermesis in particular.

As stated in another thread, the icons and the text are too close to each other and the categories need icons.

Elive_Screenshot_2019-08-20_06%3A53%3A05__2048x1152

Which I can only get done by editing ~/.e16/menus/file.menu.
I add the icon and a double space before the text thus:

And has the following result with those 2 entries (not bad):

Elive_Screenshot_2019-08-20_07%3A25%3A06__2048x1152

The problem is that these changes are not persistent on reboot.
I suspect the script "/usr/share/e16/scripts/e_gen_menu" does that but I can't find how to do that in there.

So a few hints would be really helpfull ! Pretty please. :wink:

In the most cases like this one you describe above
it is to solve with changing permissions on the pending files.
I assume you know that, but sometimes little details gets overseen (?)

On boot those scripts initiating e16 have "root" status and I haven't the faintest how to go higher than that. :slight_smile:

Yea I know LOL

I didn't tried yet if ELive is in a smaller WIndow ( VM) if we can screen capture a part of the VM Window (menu).... Or if VirtualBox will capture the mouse and our screen capture tool won't be able to capture a menu...

1 Like

Hmm, with the -r option (range) that should work. Good thinking. :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

SHIFT print ? (select area)
what is that option range -r thing ?

Will go try right now...

On the the CML: "elive-screenshot" I alwas use -dpsw (5s delay, png, save, window) or without the "w" for the whole screen.
Works a charm.
-r is select area.

1 Like

Ultimately, I could write a script that replaces the generated menu every time I log in. That would be a rather ugly hack, but it'd work though.:w00t:

If you intend to mess around with e16 (even thru the settings menu) .... I suggest creating a back-up copy of your .e16 directory. That way if you mess up really badly, like not being to log in or out or access the menu to change the theme -- you can always put it back through a virtual terminal.
Easypeasy, especially if you've installed "mc", :nod:

1 Like

O M G . . .
:ohmygod: :gun: :typing: :eyepopping:

Slowly getting there .....slowly because there are some icons missing and have to be found. :grimacing:

Hmm .... Shouldn't "Game" be plural? "Games"
That was a still from "vokoscreen" and using the -r option with "elive-screenshot" :boogie:

Note to self:

• Redo the installation2 pdf that way. Smaller images !
2 Likes

Looks very good.

Seems someone (that we know) was not working as clean as he should, mhm :grimacing: ?!??