Forum: changes and improvements

This is a list of the improvements made on this Forum website, make sure to subscribe to this thread! :slight_smile:

• Ability to mark a thread as “solved”
  • Create polls
  • Able to add an interactive checklist in the posts
  • Able to assign a thread to someone, useful to keep better tracking
  • Emojis imported from the old forum
  • Added own designs for the forum (select in your profile), demo
  • Able to vote topics, actually only enabled in the Howtos->Faq section

Note: This website is based in Discourse, so I will list only the specific things & usages for Elive

I just added a “assign” Plugin, this is not meant to replace the BTS website but can allow us to keep a much better trackings, specially useful in combination with the Solved plugin :dance:

This plugin allows us to:

• assign a thread to someone (only admins can do that)
  • everybody can list the assignations, like in this thread that has an icon to my username that list my assignations
  • we have an extra entry in our User’s top bar tab that lists our assigned topics
  • closing a thread removes the assignations

More details:

Customized themes (Elive homemade), so now we have:

• Elive White: based in the default one, white, best standard (and the one to use for screenshots)
  • Elive Dark: based in the dark default one, but with much nicer colors, improved for the eyes
  • Elive Retrowave: An amazing uber-geek design for oldies, not the best for the eyes but the most uber-geek and special

All of them includes the features for header-icon-links & the fix for the emoticon aspect sizes

Demos:

FAQ section added, icon in the header included, plugin for “vote” posts included and enabled for the Faq category which makes it more useful! :boogie:

Forum was down

The cause was the SSL (httpS) certificate not renewing correctly, causing the browser not “allowing” to connect to the website without the certificate up-to-day, this issue will not happen again.

I have also fired one of the unicorn workers :unicorn:, we have only 1 now, this will reduce the RAM consumption in a great value in order to not use the SWAP partition constantly, which is good for the hardware health, we should not notice any performance difference in the forum since unicorns has super-powers, but if you see the forum slower now, let me know it :slight_smile:

Now, it’s time to dance again
:furrydance: