Which web browser do you prefer in Elive?

that’s not a personality disorder. that’s a hacker special power. LOL

0 Likes

For me:

• firefox:
    • good: less ram usage than chrome, specially with multiple tabs opened
    • bad: too slow to be considered an alternative
  • chrome:
    • good: fast
    • bad: consumes too much ram
  • opera:
    • good: fast
    • bad: they dropped the 32-bit support, so no more releases (and its not opensource), open source derivates of opera?

I think that I have read somewhere that chrome uses (switched to) the same engine as opera, this could explain why its a fast alternative

This old post in facebook by Elive can help to see the RAM usage:

2 Likes

I’ve got to say that Palemoon is my current favorite. Before Firefox switched to Web Extensions, I enjoyed one particular AddOn - Tile Tabs. The current Tile Tabs implementation under Web Extensions doesn’t come close to what is was prior. For that reason, and that alone, I’m constantly on Palemoon.

When you have a web app that you are monitoring and want to continue browsing, with Tile Tabs you can do both simultaneously. I hope that one day Web Extensions will allow the old Tile Tabs to function as it did. But, if it never does, I have Palemoon to console me.

2 Likes

I will voice support for Firefox (Quantum & Focus on mobile) and Tor browser. As a default, then FFQ would have to get my vote.

1 Like

Firefox or Google is good for me.

0 Likes

Google Chrome that is.

0 Likes

Seems like it’s based in Opera (or at least made by some of their devs) and it has a version in 32bit, that is very interesting for Elive 3.0 ! (sounds like an updated opera)

OMG there’s everyday more browsers! what about making an Elive browser? Ebrowser lol

1 Like

In chromium/chrome browser you can cease the ram usage many ways. The most important is managing the tabs. Either you can install xtab and reduce the amount of tabs to 1 or you can use The Great Suspender and have tabs inactive when not opened.

Midori, Netsurf or some other opensource browser I like the most (against profiling). My hope is that Elive would not abandon old computers support. The most wow efect comes when you find an Os that makes these usable. I’m now installed Elive Os to Compaq Armada 1700 and if I could get sound and resolution to work I would probably vote this to be the best wow Os for old computers (have used maybe 10 different linux distros).I hate 64bit flow. So much electronic waste comes because people can’t find anymore GOOD updated Oses to old pcs and are forced to buy new.

1 Like

you probably reported about these problems in a different post i guess, may you send me the link to it so i could try to help?

0 Likes

I forgot to ask (as it seems that I’m unable to update to Elive 3) which is the most updated browser for Elive 2.0 Topaz? I would really like to be able to use the internet but it seems iceweasel won’t show many buttons or menus etc. Are there plugins for it to make it work better? Or have people some greasemonkey addon scripts?

0 Likes