Which web browser do you prefer in Elive?

Did anyone tried Brave
is slow.

1 Like

I seriously believe we have to fight them every inch of the way.
Like with climate change, doing nothing is Not an option.

1 Like

Agreed in full.

But this was NOT the question; again:
"Do you STILL really believe
that you could stay any away from data mining through 3rd party companies?"

For Germany (and probably also Europe) = no, you can not.

Oh yes I can ... hence the importance I hold to keeping Elive 32 bit available.

1 Like

Wake up, this is an illusion.
I can not translate it, even in German it is weird word:
"Vorratsdatenspeicherung."
Google for it - and your eyes will become like globes.
In short:
EVERY provider is forced by law - to record all the users klicks, out/in traffic, visited pages,
chats, emails, ya, everything. And keep it/transfer it to the gouverments controled data centers.
so, and now you - with your ... Elive ?
It is a desaster, yes. But trying with hiding yourself behind blockers, onion browsers, and so on
will not help a bit because you are already stepping back; in defense.
This is not fighting, it is just a poor trial to prevent which is useless as long you get online through a provider.
So - think bigger - Only an attack on the political level can bring about a change here.

You under estimate me, my friend. :slight_smile:

Just picture, in your minds eye a civil servant manipulating tons of data and passing the conclusions on to his superiors. Believe me, they will never get it right ..:rofl2: .. so they will outsource it to private enterprises who will inevitably get caught by big corporations.
Those corporations may seem strong but are ultimately weak because they can be hurt in their single shared goal: Revenue.
But this is a discussion that deserves an own topic. :offtopic:

no, not manipulating - recording.
This is already the worst szenario.
I could tell you a self experienced story from a so to say friend of mine about harassment on whatsapp.
you will not believe, how the gouverment can (sometimes) act, which tools they do have handy,
but this is a discussion that deserves an own topic. :offtopic:
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Allrightee, let's create a topic ''privacy, privacy, privacy '' then.
With thanks to Rutger Bregman for his ''taxes, taxes, taxes'' talk at Davos. :dance:

2 Likes

is my e16 the only one collapsing?

are you already in 3.7.3 ?

we cannot know much about the older versions, too much things changes / improves fast and will probably had relation to older (fixed) bugs

I can't place links for some reason but there is word that Firefox is to get faster - according to engadget:

"...a set of features that'll load pages up to 40-80 percent quicker. The browser will now suspend idle tabs, delay lesser-used scripts and skip unnecessary work during start-ups."

that sounds very good! (since) which version of firefox is that? let's see if is the one we have :slight_smile:

1 Like

I usually use Opera and Chromium but will try FF for a while
Elive_Screenshot_2019-06-12_12%3A50%3A25__624x356

But right now, I already having problem posting this, I :

• lost my cursor when typing.. It just came back LOL
  • could not pase an image (COPY / PASTE ) as with Chromium and Opera... I need to use the Attach Image icon within discourse...

We'll se how it goes...

I can confirm those 2 points, using firefox 60.3 ESR
Will try a newer version to see if they persist.

Edit:
Nope, they persist in 6.0.7 :sniff:

FF adventure over. I know it's good, will probably use it in the future for " some things" but

I had a 3rd web interface ( I use for work) showing weird display behavior with FF

Going back to my Opera/Chromium COMBO

Hi!

For me, now with Elive 64bits, it's:
1 Yandex
2 Opera
3 Vivaldi
4 FF
(5) Midori, Falkon or Dillo... as "by default" in order to avoid open others, that could have big amount of tabs, on clicking a web link...
BTW, I hate those browsers that opens exclusively with a goooogoool page & have no option to write directly an address... :-b

Salutations!

I never played with Yandex and Vivaldi... Long story short, what do you like from Yandex ( I didn't know) and Vivaldi ? Mean, the hot features why you're using them ?

So: Yandex have quite good ad&track hunt system, good tools for downloading, and is a, say, average secured browser, with dns tips; Turbo (as Opera) & energy economy modes, plus a general ergonomic that fit well for me...
Vivaldi, for me the best thing is in the management of the tabs (my personal record is around 275 tabs but leading to a crash on my M4400 with Mint & 4Gb RAM), after it's based on Opera (It's somewhat of a fork, explained in its "Why?")...

For sure many other things but I use them each days and forget the details...
In my use, there's too the fact that I mainly use one for some things, others for different browses, in order to separate activities...

Salutations!

2 Likes

tks for your time describing a bit, what make them special for you

1. Firefox Quantum, latest (no, not the ESR crab)
  2. Chromium

I gave up on the others.