3.7.1 betatesting experiences

hum that is strange, what happens if you run

elive-upgrader

and after, the same:

grep elive-fixes /etc/elive-version
ls -la .config | grep elive

[Thanatermesis]-Well done. USB WIFI works now! Thank You. Fixed!

1 Like

me thinks: if nobody would be reporting all these bugs here... we will still having all of them lol, on the case of the usb-wifi, waiting for a fix from debian some day...

heh, you are in a stuck state :slight_smile: , this problem of permission affects more than we think

you can fix it as:

sudo chown youruser:youruser .config/elive

i need to fix it asap for the next build

Hi!

So now on the M6700: using private drivers at start (nvidia, optimus), a set of photos:

20190522_175404a|690x388

Good hunt!
Salutations.!

ok I did your chown and elive-upgrader

then
❯❯❯ grep elive-fixes /etc/elive-version
elive-fixes: 3.7.1

~ ❯❯❯ ls -la .config | grep elive 1
drwxr-xr-x 3 yoda yoda 4 May 22 12:24 elive
drwxr-xr-x 2 yoda yoda 3 May 22 11:03 elive-upgrader
~ ❯❯❯

What is the difference between
elive-upgrader
apug
apui-elive-tools ?

did you selected the nvidia driver using the Spacebar to select ? (not enter) (thats only for 3.7.0, for 3.7.1 should work with enter)

• elive-upgrader: the elive tool to update your system, and apply fixes if needed (but it was unable to run because of that bug)
  • apug: apt tool to upgrade your system (without the elive features like specific fixes)
  • apui: just check what it is from: alias | grep apt

ok it worked
no intro song anymore
tks !

i hope this bug is not in the stable releases :thinking:

Spacebar to select ? (not enter)

Arh! ZOOoo!
May going out for now but will return in one hour or so!

Regards!

both laptop just re-installed had this bug

Again!

On the M6700: private drivers, all validations with spacebar, and exact same result...

Regards!

question: the install of nvidia is successfull? (if not, you will see a message saying that and then removing the nvidia packages that was tried to install)

if was successful, the problem is by trying to run the graphical system with this setup (both cards), and probably will be needed a specific xorg file for it :thinking:

Thanatermesis, when I use Terminal, I want to paste something via your commands you give us to try to help access problems, when I paste in terminal and press enter it does not respond and therefore can not execute the command at all. Like it assumes the verbiage as pasted picture and not as text. Have your or anyone having this problem. Does not seem right and need the ability to copy and paste your commands to get you the information you need from the command line. I don't want to hand type it all the time especially commands like "grep"

Well!

At least, nvidia is detected, the intel too and saying the run will go with the nvidia because better performances... After it's same as the photos I post just before...

@Terry_Rosinski, i just created this: Howto copy-paste in terminal

Excellent! Thank you Sir :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanatermesis, since no ibar for E16, is there a way to create a button or shelf so that click on the application from there on the desktop? Using Alt+ESC is a work around but kind of looking for repeated appplications I want to click on the fly at the desktop with ease and not have to reach it thru sub-menus every time. Just asking and how many steps it would take to do that. For E17 I made my own shelves and buttons and nice to do that way even when there was was the ibar there as well.

1 Like