3.7.3 betatesting experiences

still wait for your response to my pm =
another wasted day on my side here

apse dock ?

else the other steps where not clear

apse dock that I can do LOL

give me time to answer everything

mmh, the howto of @Rebel450 was in another thread, but i dont remember now which one :slight_smile:

again:
Elive OS 3.7.2_Alpha 64bit
e16 DE with Cairo

mmh, that is strange, how much time these applications requires to start?

try to run them from terminal like:

strace chromium

you will see a ton of messages, but if you see them "stay" for more than 1 second in a line, then there's a problem

so I can't launch manually your script or window that is doing the installation of Cairo when a new user launch their station for the 1st time ?

forget it, not a big thing... tks though

I'm on: "Thanatermesis, post:71, topic:1149"
"try to install this package manually: http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/e/eeepc-acpi-scripts/eeepc-acpi-scripts_1.1.13_all.deb"

so eeepc 1001xp 3.7.3 E22: it tells that already installed (logical), but there's no /etc/default/eee-acpi-scripts ... Is this normal and have to create the file or should (supposedly) it has to be here?

makes Chromium starting up like a flash ..... :thinking:

now it is srarting also from dock fast - huh???

lol

ok you need to isolate the problem (assuming you still have it), like:

• reboot
  • run it as normal
  • slow? try the strace option
  • fast? the problem is running from the desktop:
  • next: isolate more: it becomes fast because running from terminal or because adding "strace" ?
  • next
  • bla bla

mhm, ya ya

next

i mean "next test for isolate the cause"

1 Like

:typing: :runningfast::coding: :crazy_face:

Brb 1hour or so

no it is not normal, and I have this file (existing and with data) in my updated 3.7.3 build :thinking:

Or is that could be cause in live, not installed?

you should have both package and that file included in Live, if you install, the package is removed only if you don't have an eeepc, so in your case you should still have it

Well, in fine I find it but really don't know why not before (in 3.7.3)! Try to edit it, didn't find VOLUME_LABEL lines: Is that have to be exactly this or SOUND_xxx can "fit"?

Besides: I made a second usb Elive, so I can test in same time with the eeepc 1001xp & the Dell M6700... (assuming the M4400 runs quite full ok with its integrated nvidia; just to come back & see for the trackpad tunnig)

So M6700; 3.7.3 Live; no nvidia drivers; E22; swapoff: quite all good except "fantomatic" icons in the lauch bar: those of Terminology, Rythmbox, Gimp. Tested my usual navigator Yandex: works well! IceCat too, Vivaldi idem!
EDIT: "Tor works aswell; Yandex tested on the eeepc 1001xp/E22/swapoff/ 4 tabs, one video>>OK"
:wink:

Strangely: on the same launch bar on eeepc 1001xp; 3.7.3 live; E22; swapoff; All icons are visible...

The lines I find in eeepc-acpi-scripts relative to sound are:
SOUND_LABEL=
SOUND_ SWITCH=
SOUND_ SWITCH_EXCLUSIVE=
SOUND_PREFER_MASTER=yes
SOUND_VOLUME_STEP=
DETAILED_SOUND_INFO=no

...and I just find why I didn't with eee-acip >> cause eeepc-acpi! :sweat_smile:

Wr are talking alpha stage software so why even consider crippling it to detain unfavourable coverage. :astonished:

Just make sure installers/testers are warned that e17/e22 is Not meant for use, not even for acceptable testing results yet.

2 Likes

yeah that was the idea, but the problem is that 99% users don't read messages lol, so they will be not warned (final result)

i actually changed these messages a bit shorter and with the options saying things like "NOT WORKING"

1 Like

I get that, but I just hate it when others try to take away my choices. So I try to avoid doing that to them, as well.
On top: If Elive is delivered to the masses with only e16 (in its current condition that's a nono) it will be put down as a one desktop distro.
Keeping e17/e22 there will (rightfully) create expectations for the future.
This is Linux and thus all about choice, let's keep it that way. :applause:
So if users do complain about e17/22 we just RTFm them ..... where ''m'' means message, in this case. :rofl2:

1 Like