Lowering temperature of laptop

It seems that you haven't an account for eltrans yet...

And your cpu is very hot, I think....

Hi, hi -
look at @triantares uptime = 2 days + :typing:
:madness:

That's very hot and even dangerous!
Did you ever clean out the accumulated cruft in the fan?
Or try to tun it at full speed to see if that will cool off your CPU ....?

In the long run those temps will shorten the life of your CPU. :shocked:

On my wife's Aspire it is always 80C+ ...

As mentioned earlier,
this machine is good for a recommendation from the heart - to your enemies... :-1:

in that case install lm-sensors on it and run "sensors" in a terminal and see what temp range the CPU can survive.

My (too hot to be comfortable on my lap for prolonged time) thinkpad with half broken fan has something like this:

Core 0:        +60.0°C  (high = +87.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)
Core 1:        +54.0°C  (high = +87.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)
thinkpad-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
fan1:        65535 RPM

Yep, I tried
But methinks :smirk:. this model is physical misconfigured at all; nothing is any balanced on this crappy model :face_vomiting:

In that case I'll translate to French with @Franc and I'll translate also in Spanish myself, it will be not a hard work to do in Spanish, I'll do it, don't worry :+1:

In fact, I translated only ONE line and sent to understand how eltrans works, is so you think that there was nothing that had been changed (in percentage) I was to know if is better to keep the translation in our HDD and send only when a complete section is done, or if is better to send translation every time we use eltrans

Is probably dust in CPU fan grill, is a known issue in some Acer Aspire laptops like mine, two or three times a year I open laptop and clean dust that blocks air flow that is not able to go outside.... take a look not only to your CPU fan, but also the grill into their case...[quote="Rebel450, post:49, topic:1055"]
On my wife's Aspire it is always 80C+ ...
[/quote]

Open it and you'll be amazed how much dust is into fan internal grill, you'll take it out in a single piece with your fingers like as a foam air filter, is a design fault of Acer, take a look at this funny video:

The guy is very funny :joy::joy::joy: please see the video completely.... LOL

BTW, is the same Acer Aspire 5310 that I used to run Elive 64 with only 1 GB RAM (is a year 2007 laptop that I had discard because it had some issue that video shows and I think it was broken, and thanks to those video is now running again)